What are peptides? HGH and peptides
Peptides are natural or synthetic compounds containing tens, hundreds, or thousands of amino acids. This class is very diverse and performs a wide variety of regulatory functions in the body.
Many people have questions, why use new peptide substances if there is an artificial growth hormone? The answer is simple: peptide stimulants have several compelling advantages:
– Peptides are significantly cheaper than growth hormone. The cost of a similar course will be several times lower.
– Different mechanisms of action and half-lives allow you to manipulate the concentration curve, achieving an optimal anabolic response.
– Different effects on feelings of hunger and metabolism allow for a preference for one or the other substance.
– At the moment, the production and distribution of peptides is not regulated by law, so they can be ordered safely online.
– They break down quickly and without trace, so you do not have to worry about doping controls.
– Peptides as well as classical GR can be easily checked for authenticity. For this purpose it is enough to pass tests on the level of somatotropin in plasma after injection of the drug.
Types of peptides used in bodybuilding:
- Nowadays, peptides that are growth hormone (GH) stimulants are more and more common on the market. The most popular peptides in bodybuilding are:
- GHRP-6 and Hexarelin.
- GRF(1-29) Sermorelin
- HGH Frag (176-191) – growth hormone fragment (fat burner)
- Melanotan 2 – tanning and libido enhancer
- Bremelanotide – enhances sexual desire and erections
- Gonadorelin – stimulates testosterone secretion
- TB500 – for the treatment of injuries and rehabilitation of joints
- SARMs (selective androgen receptor modulators)
- Growth hormone stimulants
- Insulin-like growth factor (IGF-1)
- Mechanic Growth Factor (MGF)
- Delta sleep peptide (DSIP)
- Prolonged peptides
How to use and how to store peptides and HGH?
The lyophilized powder is recommended to be stored in a dark, dry place at about 4°C – if it is a short (1-2 months) period of time. At minus 18-20°C, it can be stored for up to several years.
Light can destroy the powder, as can oxygen. You should not break the tightness of the packaging: air which gets inside will slowly lead to the destruction of the peptide.
It is best to store the prepared solution at about 2-4°C, rising to 8°C is acceptable.
Before preparing the solution, the temperature of the bottle should be brought to room temperature.
Direct contact of the solvent with the powder should be avoided – the solvent should flow down the wall of the vial.
It is not recommended to shake the vial in order to speed up dissolution. You can jiggle it with slow, gentle movements from side to side, but the best thing to do is to put the vial in the fridge – after a while all the powder will dissolve.
Science behind peptides used in muscle building
Studies have shown that growth hormone secretion stimulating peptides and other non-peptide growth hormone enhancing substances do affect growth hormone production.
These observations served as the basis for the creation of growth hormone stimulating supplements (e.g., amino acids, pituitary peptides, Macuna pruriens, horse beans, choline alphoscerate, etc.). At this moment, there is evidence that growth hormone secretion stimulating peptides and some substances of non-peptide nature can increase the levels of growth hormones as well as insulin-like growth factor (IGF-1) both at rest and during physical activity.